MyGene.info provides simple-to-use REST web services to query/retrieve gene annotation data. It’s designed with simplicity and performance emphasized. A typical use case is to use it to power a web application which requires querying genes and obtaining common gene annotations. For example, MyGene.info services are used to power BioGPS.
Tweets by @mygeneinfo
What’s new in v2 API¶
- ALL species are supported now! That’s more than 14,000 in total. [more]
- Gene annotation data are even more up-to-date (weekly updates).
- Gene query service supports “fields” parameter to return any fields. Previously, you need to call gene query service separately if you need more than gene symbols and names.
- Fine-tuned query algorithm to return relevant gene hits first.
- Our query backend is more scalable and extensible. Ready to expand more annotation data as we go.
Still want to stick with v1 API for a while? It’s still there: v1 API, but annotation data there won’t be updated any more.
Gene query service¶
http://mygene.info/v2/query?q=cdk2 http://mygene.info/v2/query?q=cdk2&species=human http://mygene.info/v2/query?q=cdk? http://mygene.info/v2/query?q=IL* http://mygene.info/v2/query?q=entrezgene:1017 http://mygene.info/v2/query?q=ensemblgene:ENSG00000123374 http://mygene.info/v2/query?q=cdk2&fields=symbol,refseq
Gene annotation service¶
http://mygene.info/v2/gene/1017 http://mygene.info/v2/gene/ENSG00000123374 http://mygene.info/v2/gene/1017?fields=name,symbol,summary
“<geneid>” can be any of valid Entrez or Ensembl Gene ids. A retired Entrez Gene id works too if it is replaced by a new one.
- Try it live on interactive API page
- Migration from v1 API
- Gene annotation data
- Gene query service
- Gene annotation service
- Usage and Demo
- Third-party packages